Linked Helper 2 is safe, but if you do a lot of activity LinkedIn can notice that since it monitors your account for how much and how fast you do things and if they detect too much activity they may restrict your account no matter whether you did that manually or via automation tool: I'm getting "You're out of invitations for now" warning from LinkedIn. Another issue may happen when you open a lot of profile pages via URL, not via finding them in the LinkedIn search (try to avoid such activity even if you do it manually).
If your LinkedIn account is older than one year, you can use these limits for Linked Helper 2 Actions:
- Invite 2nd and 3rd level contacts — 50 - 100 per 24 hours depending on the solution for the LinkedIn weekly invitations limit you use. For example, if you use Invite by email option, then you can invite up to 150 profiles per 24 hours, but if you use Invite by using LinkedIn undocumented feature then we suggest limiting invitations to 70 per day. And don’t forget to clear 3-weeks-old pending invitations. You can check all solutions and workarounds for the LinkedIn weekly invitation limit here: How to invite person by email when weekly invitation limit is reached
- Invite person by email - 150 invites per day. Since Linked Helper may need to perform extra actions to get company information, you need to make sure that in the Load LinkedIn organization page and Load profile page limits in the Advanced limits are set to 150 actions per 24 hours.
- Endorse my contacts — 60 per 24 hours.
- Messaging, profiles auto-following, extracting, etc. — 150 per 24 hours.
- Loading LinkedIn profiles via URLs - 45 per 24 hours (see the article on Working Hours and Limits p. Avoiding logouts).
- Collecting from search (for inviting, messaging, exports, auto-visiting, etc.) — 200 search pages per day or approximately 2000 / 5000 profiles (a search request fetches 100 pages with 10 profiles per page in Basic LinkedIn, and with 25 profiles per page in Sales Navigator, so it is not possible to collect more than 1000 or 2500 profiles in one go even if LinkedIn / Sales Navigator shows you a bigger number of profiles).
You should not worry about Sent invites canceller, and Accept Invites as we believe they do not have any limits. Filter contacts out of my network (keep 1st level only) and Check for replies actions have the minimum timeout between checks already hard-coded, yet we urge to leave the default settings.
The three actions below do not interact with LinkedIn, hence no limitation is needed:
These limits have been tested on a free account, which was older than one year. Any LinkedIn account overall activity is limited to 150 actions per 24 hours by default, and in order to avoid issues with LinkedIn, we do not recommend increasing this setting.
Remember that the term “activity per account” is the sum of all actions you do on LinkedIn both via Linked Helper and manually. We do not recommend using one and the same LinkedIn account on several devices simultaneously, as well as exceeding recommended daily limits - Can I use LinkedIn account via browser / mobile app when Linked Helper is running?
The above doesn’t mean though, that if you do action #151 (send 151st message or invitation, etc) it will necessarily lead to problems with your account. We are giving you numbers which we established through feedback and experiments.
Also, consider using "SAFE timeouts" or something between fast and slow for every Action (these parameters can be found in the "Delay settings" tab), especially if you don’t have a Sales Navigator subscription:
BUT! We cannot guarantee that LinkedIn will not block you, even if you follow these recommendations. It’s just our huge experience!
For new accounts, even 70 invites/day is too much! Our recommendation is only 10–15 invites per 24 hours. You can increase up to 35 in a month and then increase up to 60 in another month.
Also, it is important to have no more than 1000 - 1500 sent pending invitations here on this page https://www.linkedin.com/mynetwork/invitation-manager/sent/ We recommend clearing old invitations that are pending for three weeks. Use Sent invites canceller to avoid problems.
How to limit LinkedIn account activity
By default, Linked Helper is already set to the recommended daily limit of 150 profiles per every 24 hours for all campaigns and all actions at the same time. To view and adjust your daily limit, please navigate to the "Limits" section of the "Settings" menu:
- Endorse my contacts — 60 per 24 hours
- Invite 2nd and 3rd level contacts — 70 per 24 hours
- Load LinkedIn organization via URL — 40 per 24 hours
- Load LinkedIn profile via URL — 40 per 24 hours
Please note that LinkedIn may log you out if you navigate to ~50 LinkedIn profiles via their URLs not by finding them in the search results. You'll be logged out even if you do that manually. You can check this yourself in the Chrome browser, manually making the right-mouse-click on the profile name and choosing "Open in new tab option".
Linked Helper 2 avoids such logouts by "in-page navigation" i.e. it opens profile pages using the search bar, but in-page navigation doesn't work if Linked Helper doesn't have data on the profile's full name, which usually happens when you upload URLs into Linked Helper instead of collecting profiles.
If you upload profiles from CSV, then we`d recommend limiting “Load LinkedIn profile via URL” to 45 profiles per 24 hours (see the article on Working Hours and Limits p. Avoiding logouts). Please note that navigating to too many organizations through URLs may also lead to the same issue.
In the Advanced limits tab it's possible not only to limit the overall number of actions of a certain activity performed across campaigns but also to limit the pace of the activity. For example, in the screenshot below Invite to group activity is limited to 100 actions per 24 hours. At the same time, I do not want Linked Helper 2 to fire all 100 actions within an hour or so but rather to spread them along the day, so I added an extra limit of 6 profiles per 1 hour, which means that Linked Helper 2 won't invite 100 profiles in a couple of hours since the campaign is started, but will be inviting 6 profiles every hour, switching to other Actions in the same or other campaign's workflow.