LinkedIn allows you to download a CSV file with information about your 1st-degree connections. However, the file does not contain the profile's email and phone numbers. But as long as such information is available on your LinkedIn 1st-degree connection profile page, it can be scraped by Linked Helper 2.
Let’s assume you need to reach out to marketing directors in the tech industry in a certain area. How do you get their email addresses if LinkedIn doesn’t allow you to view contact information for 2nd and 3rd-degree connections?
- Extracting 2nd or 3rd-degree connections' data.
- Extracting organizations’ data of already extracted connections in step #1.
- Extracting emails using Snov.io or its alternatives
1. Extracting 2nd or 3rd-degree connections' data.
- Go to Campaign menu, expand the list of campaigns, and click Create new...
- In the pop-up window give your campaign a name (1), choose the type of campaign - People in our case (2), choose needed template - Visit & Extract Profiles (3) and click Create button (4)
- Go to the Advanced settings tab of Visit & Extract profiles action and enable extraction of profile's current organization:
- Click Add button near the campaign Queue.
- Choose a source from where to collect profiles (LinkedIn Search page, or if you have a paid LinkedIn subscription, you can choose Sales Navigator or Recruiter search):
- Once filters are set up, click Collect button in the left menu and choose ...from current page option:
- Please, refer to this detailed instruction on how to do that: How to add profiles into the campaign?
- Once the profiles were collected, you can review them and modify the list if needed: How to manage profiles in Linked Helper?
2. Extracting companies’ data of already extracted connections in step #1.
If you enabled the extraction of the profile's current organization before running Visit & Extract profiles Action as it is shown in step #3 of the p. 1. Extracting 2nd or 3rd-degree connections' data , then you can skip this part and navigate to the p. 3. Extracting emails using Snov.io.
If you did not enable the extraction of the profile's current organization, then you need to extract organizations separately. Once profiles were extracted, please:
- create a new campaign for organizations the same way you created a campaign for profiles, but in this case, the type of campaign should be Organizations (1), not People, and the template name you need is Extract organizations (companies / schools):
- change the Linked Helper user interface to the Advanced UI in order to be able to find the Lists Manager function, here is the link to instruction on switching interface.
- go to Lists Manager (1) and convert profiles to organizations:
- in the Source choose the campaign with extracted profiles (2), sub-list (3) option, and click Successful sub-list (4);
- in the Target choose campaign for organizations you recently created (5), sub-list (6) option, and click Queue sub-list (7);
- click Add unique (8):
- confirm converting profiles into organizations:
- to extract organizations, start the campaign as it is shown below in the screenshots (one is for Basic and another is for Advanced interface):
- once companies are extracted, go to the Visit and extract profiles campaign we created earlier and download extracted profiles from Successful list:
The point is that in addition to company pages you’ll now find a column named “organization_domain_1” next to each "organization_website_1" column (you may want to delete www. part of a domain):
All we need to do now is to keep columns “first_name”, “last_name” and “organization_domain_1” as columns A, B, and C respectively, and delete all others. You MAY keep more columns here, like for example links to people’s profiles and their IDs or the column with Location. But they must be placed AFTER columns A, B,C. How to Import CSV file into MS Excel?
3. Extracting emails using Snov.io or its alternatives
Snov.io is an email finder tool which can work even you don’t install it as a Chrome extension but online: https://snov.io/email-verifier.html
Note: snov.io is a third-party company, you may need to pay for their license to get additional credits since you`re allowed to process only 50 profiles for free.
- Open Snov.io website, click on "Find emails" and then press “Bulk Email Search”
- Choose your 3-column CSV and click “Upoad”
3.3. Click “Open List”
- Then click “Find emails” and wait until it’s checked all possible emails. In green- you’ll see verified emails, in yellow- potential emails for that person
- Finally, you can export the list with emails. Just click “Download List” and choose your mode, un-tick the columns you don’t need in the file
Snovio Email Verifier https://snov.io/email-verifier.html