How to change the platform
It is possible to change the platform for profiles in the Action's Queue if you want to collect profiles via Sales Navigator but send invitations via Basic LinkedIn. This can be useful in the following cases:
- you want to keep messaging history consistent in and one platform;
- if you plan to cancel Sales Navigator subscription because you don't have the option to save critical information and data associated with the account, such as messages, saved leads, and saved accounts - Cancel Your Sales Navigator Account;
There are two ways of doing that:
- Change the Action Override platform setting
- Change platform for chosen profiles in the Queue via Change platform button
Override platform setting vs Change platform setting
Before changing the platform, it is important to keep in mind that:
- Override platform setting changes platform for all the profiles who will be processed in the Action, while the Change platform applies to the chosen profiles only.
- Override platform has priority over Change platform, i.e. if the former is enabled, the latter won't be available.
- Both options are not available for Message to 1st connections | Group members action when reply detection is enabled. This is done to prevent you from losing replies - we always check replies to your previous message/invite in the platform through which they were sent. If you change platform half-way, means replies may land in ordinary LinkedIn, while the software is trying to find them in the Sales Navigator.
- Certain Actions always process profiles via the LinkedIn platform because it is not possible to do the same thing on other platforms even manually. For example, you cannot follow profiles in Sales Navigator.
- Override platform's Do not override option reverts the profiles' platform to the initial state as if the setting was never changed. For example, if you collected profiles from Sales Navigator, override platform to Recruiter via Override platform, then you can easily change it back by setting the Override platform to Do not override. However, if before that profiles' platform in the Action was changed via Change platform setting, then Do not override option will cancel any changes made by Change platform as well and set the platform to LinkedIn. For example, if you collected profiles from Sales Navigator, override platform to Recruiter via Change platform, then set the Override platform to Talent, and after that change your mind and set the Override platform to Do not override option, then all the profiles will have LinkedIn as the Target platform.
Please, note that:
- New profiles uploaded from an external source (from CSV or via adding a URL directly) have a LinkedIn platform by default.
- The default platform for profiles added from the CRM is the platform, through which they were processed when they first appeared in the CRM.
Change platform via Action's Override platform setting
This setting applies to all profiles in the Queue, as well as to those that will be added to this Action later:
- Open a campaign and navigate to the Workflow tab
- Choose the Action for which the platform should be changed
- In the General tab of the Action locate the Override platform setting and change it to the needed one:
Change platform via Change platform button
This setting is applied only to the chosen profiles in the Queue:
- Switch to Advanced User interface if you have not done it yet.
- Navigate to Campaigns menu (1) and open your campaign by clicking its name (2):
- Navigate to the Workflow tab (1) and open the Queue (2) of the first Action:
- Select the needed profiles or all of them (1), click More button (2), and then Change platform (3):
- Choose the needed platform (1) and click Save button (2):
Change profile's group ID
Linked Helper is able to send messages to your 2nd or 3rd-degree connections provided that they are the members of the same group. All you need is to collect profiles from a list of group members so Linked Helper can scrape the group ID, and send a message.
However, when profiles are collected from a Sales Navigator search or uploaded from a CSV, the group ID is not scraped / uploaded. There is a workaround, though: once profiles are collected, you can assign a group ID for Linked Helper to know to which group to navigate for messaging:
- switch to Advanced UI - Where can I change Linked Helper Interface?
- take the group ID from the group URL:
- go to the Action Queue (not the Campaign Queue):
- select all profiles (1);
- click More button (2);
- click Change platform (3);
- paste the LinkedIn Group ID into Group ID field (4);
- click Save:
Why certain Actions process profiles in LinkedIn, not the platform which was set?
Because you can extract profiles or send messages via all platforms, but inviting is possible only via Basic LinkedIn or Sales Navigator platforms.
Linked Helper shows two platforms for a profile in a list:
- A platform where the profile will be or was processed
- Target platform where the profile should be or should have been processed
They are not always the same, as it was already mentioned above, you are not able to do certain actions in other platforms apart from LinkedIn even manually, endorsing for example. In cases, profiles will be processed via LinkedIn.
In the example below there are two Actions in the campaign: Profiles Auto-follower and Remove from 1st connections. Profiles were collected from Sales Navigator, the first Action Override platform is set to Recruiter, and then all profiles got their platform changed to Talent via Change platform option in the second Action Queue:
Let us open Successful list of the last Action and click any of the profile's platform to see detailed logs of the profile's platforms:
- Collect platform - shows where the profile was collected from. If the field is empty, then the profile was added from a CSV file or from CRM. In the campaign above profile was collected into the Queue from Sales Navigator.
- Projected platforms
- projectedPlatform - shows platform where profile will be / was actually processed in the current action. In our case, it is LinkedIn because 1st connections can be deleted only via LinkedIn.
- projectedTargetPlatform - shows platform where profile should have been processed. In our case, although the the first Action Override Platform setting was changed to Recruiter and the Recruiter platform should have been kept in the second Action, it becomes Talent because it was manually changed in the second Action Queue via Changed platform setting.
- Action platform
- overridePlatform - shows the platform to which the default or previous one was changed to either via Action Override Platform setting or manually by a user via Change platform.
- prevActionTargetPlatform - shows the Target platform of the previous Action.
- Result platforms
- TargetPlatform - shows platform where profile should have been processed. It is Talent in our case since the platform was changed manually in the second action via the Change platform setting.
- Platform - shows platform where the profile was actually processed in the current action. In our case, it is LinkedIn because 1st connections can be deleted only via LinkedIn. If the second Action was Visit & Extract connections, then the profile would have been processed in Talent as it is possible to visit profiles in the Talent platform.
LinkedIn has different paid subscriptions, each one suits for certain needs, such as сareer building, sales, etc. Several subscriptions (Sales Navigator, Recruiter, Talent) have their own platform with URL type that differs from the Basic LinkedIn subscription, as well as from other ones.
Currently, by default Linked Helper uses the platform from where profiles were collected. Linked Helper 2 has the built-in ability to change the platform if needed. In the case of Sales Navigator URLs changing works even if you don't have a Sales Navigator subscription, but received URLs from your colleague, for example, and want to process such profiles in Basic LinkedIn.
Basic LinkedIn platform
URLs can be uploaded to any LinkedIn account regardless of its subscription, free or paid. URLs look like that:
Sales Navigator platform
If you send your messages via the Sales Navigator platform to those recipients who do not have it, then such messages will appear in the ordinary LinkedIn inbox of the recipient. If a recipient reply to such a message, then the reply will appear in your Sales Navigator inbox.
By default, Sales Navigator links cannot be visited from a LinkedIn account without Sales Navigator subscription, however, there is a workaround: Linked Helper can navigate to Basic LinkedIn URL via Sales Navigator URL, so you can upload Sales Navigator links to any LinkedIn account managed via Linked Helper even if that LinkedIn account does not have Sales Navigator subscription.
- Sales Navigator platform URLs:
Recruiter URLs are unique and can be opened only in the LinkedIn account they were collected under. It is not possible to convert them into Basic LinkedIn URLs, as well as open them in any other LinkedIn account even if it has a Recruiter subscription.
However, if you collect profiles from Recruiter via Linked Helper, then in most cases Linked Helper will automatically extract not only Recruiter but LinkedIn URL based on the hash as well (profile_URL column) and this URL is enough to find the profile via account without Recruiter subscription, so you will be able to download such profiles into a CSV and upload it to another LinkedIn account:
Recruiter platform URLs:
Note that unlike the Basic LinkedIn or Sales Navigator, Recruiter sends direct messages to your 1st-level connections as InMails. That is not a Linked Helper glitch, but a standard LinkedIn feature: Send Messages in Recruiter - LinkedIn Help Your Recruiter InMail credits won't be used if you send messages to your 1st-level connections.
Talent URLs, like Recruiter URLs, are unique and can be opened only in the LinkedIn account they were collected under.
- Talent platform URLs: