It is a good practice to review the profiles before launching a Campaign, so you can be sure that you are targeting the right people, as LinkedIn search results are not always as good as we wish them to be. Let us quickly review Actions lists.
Once profiles are collected into the Campaign, navigate to the Queue of the first Action:
Note: Campaign Queue contains profiles of the first Action Queue as well as those profiles who were added to other Actions of the campaign manually, i.e. were not moved automatically from the previous Action.
Here you can:
- Click “Preview message” button (1) to understand how Linked Helper will generate a message for the selected recipient if you have already set the message template for the Action
- Change first / last name, company or position names of the profile in case it contains extra symbols or written in other languages. Just click the "Edit" button (2), open the profile page in CRM, and change the needed fields:
- Check the custom variable (3) that can be used for the profile - Custom Fields
- Add profiles (4) to the Queue of the current Action if needed (in Advanced interface you are able to add profiles into any Action).
- If the profiles were already invited or receive the same message that will be sent in the current action, it is possible to skip them from the Action
- Filter profiles using built-in filters (5). Please, note that in order to process filtered profiles only, you need to delete / exclude other ones first.
- Pick certain contacts (6) or select them all (7) and then:
- If profiles were excluded from the Action by mistake, you can go to the Excluded sub-list (11) and return them back to the Queue (12):
- If some profiles from the previous iteration got failed during processing (issues with connections, or email is required for connecting), you can easily return them back to the Queue via Retry button in the left campaign menu. However, not every failed profile will be returned to Queue via the Retry button in the left menu, some of them must be moved from the Failed sub-list.
Linked Helper filters
Below is the list of available built-in filters. Every filter is available on every level: CRM, Campaign list, and Action list levels.
- First name - profile's first name. If it was manually changed in CRM to custom one, then Linked Helper will show the profile only if the custom name is used.
- Last name - profile's last name. If it was manually changed in CRM to custom one, then Linked Helper will show the profile only if the custom name is used.
- Company - profile's current company. It is not always filled-in even after scraping the profile, for example, if there is no current company. If it was manually changed in CRM to custom one, then Linked Helper will show the profile only if the custom name is used.
- Position - profile's current company. It is not always filled-in even after scraping the profile, for example, if there is no current company. If it was manually changed in CRM to custom one, then Linked Helper will show the profile only if the custom name is used.
- Headline - is the text below your name in the introduction card on profile. It's displayed in search results and can be separate from the title of the profile's current position.
- LH ID - Linked Helper database internal identification number. Unique per database, but not across different databases.
- LinkedIn ID - LinkedIn identification number. Every profile has several different IDs across different platforms such as Sales Navigator, Recruiter, Talent. Only LinkedIn member ID is unique and can not be changed.
- Relationship - the degree of connection (1st, 2nd, 3rd, Out of network). Your Network and Degrees of Connection - LinkedIn Help
The above-mentioned values can not always be collected, so you can filter profiles who have or do not have a certain field filled in via choosing Field is set / Field is not set options, for example, filter those who were imported from an external source.
Filters below can be set to YES, NO, ANY:
- Avatar - whether or not the profile has a profile photo.
- Premium - whether or not the profile has a Premium subscription.
- Influence - LinkedIn Influencers are selected by invitation only and comprise a global collective of 500+ of the world's foremost thinkers, leaders, and innovators. LinkedIn Influencers - LinkedIn Help
- Open Link - The Open Profile Premium feature allows anyone on LinkedIn to contact a Premium member for free, even if they're not in the sender's network. Open Profile and Messages - Overview
- Jobseeker - Job Seeker Premium subscriber who choose to call this out explicitly in the profile page - Linkedin Premium
- Has Tags - shows profiles with chosen tags.
- Hasn't tags - shows profiles without chosen tags.