Linked Helper 2 allows you to automatically and manually apply tags to profiles, so you can easily track profiles with a certain tag in CRM later, or gather some additional stats of your campaigns.
How to add tags
Basically, to add a tag you need to:
- Select the profile and click on the "Tag" button
- Type your tag
- Click on the "Save" button or press "Enter" if there is no "Save" button in this source
Please note that you won't be able to "edit" or "delete" tag from Linked Helper.
There are different levels (CRM / Campaign / Action) where you can view and manage profiles. Please check detailed instruction on how to view and manage profiles in Linked Helper here.
Tags can be applied manually or automatically. There are a few ways of setting up tags manually.
- you can tag one or a bunch of profiles if you select them and click on "Tag" (in some sources "Tag" button is under "More" button):
- you can tag a profile if you navigate to his/her CRM page (just click on the profile in any list/action or in CRM):
- you can tag a profile while being on his/her LinkedIn page if you manually browse through the "LinkedIn" tab, but only if this profile is already part of Linked Helper's CRM (if you previously collected/uploaded it). If a profile is not in the CRM yet, you can add it via the Add to CRM button in the left menu:
- If you navigate the same way to profile which is not part of LH's CRM, you will first need to collect it to any campaign via the "Add to" button or directly into the CRM via the "Add to CRM" button:
You can delete tags from profiles the same way as adding them. To delete a tag from a single profile, just click on the profile to navigate to his/her CRM page and click on the "Bin" sign near the tag to remove it from this profile:
To remove tags from a bunch of profiles, just select the profiles or "Select all" and click on "Tag" to open the tags menu:
Remove the tag and click on "Save":
Please note that removing tags from all profiles, who have it, doesn't also remove this tag from Linked Helper.
You can automatically add or delete tags for successfully processed profiles. This can help you to easily view and sort such profiles by tag in CRM later. To add a tag automatically fto successfully processed profiles, please:
- Navigate to your campaign
- Go to the "Workflow" tab
- Select the action which you want to set up for tag automation
- Switch to the "Tags" tab of that action
- Add a tag in the first field (as an example on the screenshot below I set up Linked Helper to add "campaign#1 - invited" tag for profiles which were invited with "Invite 2nd and 3rd" action of this campaign)
- Add a tag in the second field (as an example on the screenshot below I set up Linked Helper to delete "failed" tag from profiles which were invited with "Invite 2nd and 3rd" action of this campaign)
This way you can set up a simple way to understand at what stage of the campaign the people are by adding certain tags in these actions and removing some of them in others.
As an example, you can set up an "Invite-Follow-up campaign" to tag people this way:
- "Invite 2nd/3rd" adds "invited" tag to processed profiles
- "Filter contacts" check for those who accept the invitation, removes the "invited" tag from them, and adds "accepted" tag
- "Message to 1st" after it sends a message, adds "messaged" tag and removes the "accepted" tag
If you go to CRM and view people with "invited" tag - those will be profiles that were invited but didn't accept your invitation yet. The "Messaged" tag will show how many profiles were already messaged previously by you or Linked Helper, etc.
How to manage tagged profiles
Tags allow you to sort certain people much easier and to collect some global stats of your campaigns.
When you select a bunch of people with different tags on them, you are able to use all tags that those people have. For e.g to add one of those tags to those of selected, who don't have it yet. Let's say you have 3 people tagged with "tag#1" and 2 people tagged with "tag#2":
If you select those 5 people and click on "Tag", you will be able to use both "tag#1" and "tag#2" and add "tag#1" or "tag#2" to those of selected people, who don't have it. Just click on the tag which you want to add and click on "Save":
Linked Helper won't add "tag#1" again to those who already have it, but will add this tag to other selected people:
Another example - let's say I was running 5 similar campaigns that were auto-tagging processed people. First, all people who were automatically invited with all campaigns were tagged, then "Filter contacts" checked for those who accepted the invitation and tagged those people, deleting the tag assigned by the previous Action at the same time.
I had to split my invitations into several campaigns because I was targeting people from different industries and wanted to include different messages for each of the "groups"
I also went to "Replied" of each of my campaigns and tagged those people, because since they replied to my message, I want to be able to sort such people and move to another campaign, which I prepared specifically for people who replied to my other campaigns:
My CRM is pretty big, but I need to sort only "replied" people from all campaigns, and since Linked Helper allows to sort people by having or not having a certain tag, it's pretty easy:
- navigate to the "CRM" tab in your instance:
- select the tag you need in "Has tags" or "Hasn't tags" which you want to be applied as a search filter:
I got 134 results and now I can move replied people from all of my campaigns to another campaign with the different message template for replied profiles. All I need is to "Select all" profiles and then click "Add to" button:
And then select where to add them:
Also, automated tagging helped me understand how many profiles in all of my campaigns were invited, but not accepted:
How many of those invited people in all my campaigns became my 1st connections: