After being a member of LinkedIn for a while, you might find yourself in the situation when you want to remove a certain group of your 1st level contacts: it could be that you wish to keep only relevant connections from your current field of work, maybe the 30 000 limit is reached (Network Size Limit), or you simply do not want to be connected with some of them any longer.
Here is what we need to do:
Note: when you remove a connection, they won't be notified. However, you should bear in mind that any recommendations or endorsements between you and that person will be withdrawn. They will not be restored if the connection is reestablished.
1. Create a new campaign from a template with predefined actions
- Navigate to the "Campaign" menu, expand the list of campaigns and click on "Create new..."
- In the pop-up window name your campaign (1), choose its type - "People" in our case (2), select the needed template - "Remove 1st connections" (3) and press "Create" (4)
You will get a campaign consisting of only one action, but you can adjust the workflow by adding extra actions if needed.
If you are using Advanced User Interface, please, refer to the first part of this instruction: How to create a new campaign in Linked Helper?
2. Collect profiles into your campaign
- Click on the "Add" button near the campaign`s "Queue"
- Choose a source from where profiles need to be added (for example, "My network" page or LinkedIn / Sales Navigator search page, CRM, etc)
Please, refer to this detailed instruction: How to add profiles into a campaign?
- Note that from "My network" page Linked Helper will collect ALL 1st-degree connections, so you should consider using LinkedIn filters (location, industry, title, etc.) before collecting:
Once the profiles were collected, you can review them and modify the list if needed: How to manage profiles in Linked Helper?
3. Adjust action settings
In the "General" tab of the action you can:
- name this action
- postpone the start of the action if needed
Linked Helper can automatically add or delete tags after a profile was successfully processed by a given action. You just need to navigate to the "Tags" tab of the action, write a tag name in the respective textbox, and press "Enter" on your keyboard: How to use tags in Linked Helper?
In the "Delay settings" tab adjust Bunch size and Timeout between bunches to set how many profiles will be processed by this action per day. Timeouts for each step of the action can be set from the presets ("Reset to FAST timeouts" and "Reset to SAFE timeouts") and manually by changing each value in its field.
To avoid issues with LinkedIn, please, refer to this article: What kind of limits should I use?
4. Finally, start the campaign
Press "Start campaign" in the left menu or "Start" button at the top:
Once it is started, you will see that campaign`s status has been changed from "Stopped" to "Running". On the "LinkedIn" panel you can check when the next step of the current action will be performed and what profile is being processed at the moment. The active action of the workflow is highlighted with the green frame: