NOTE: Send person to Zapier action is deprecated due to Zapier limiting API calls for unpromoted apps. Since Linked Helper is unpromoted, it can do only 100 calls per minute. We suggest integrating Google sheets via Zapier Webhook and Send person to webhook action as it is shown in this article: How to send profiles to Google Sheets or any other CRM / webapp via Zapier Webhook
With Linked Helper, you can send data from your CRM to Zapier, and with Zapier you can send this data further - for e.g to Google Sheet. Let's check this on a real case when you made a campaign with an invitation and a follow-up message and now you want to gather certain data from profiles, who were messaged.
With this article, you can learn how to:
Set up Zapier integration
You can find a detailed guide on how to set up Zapier integration in this article - How to send profiles to Google Sheets or any other CRM / webapp via Zapier Webhook (p. Create a webhook in Zapier and p. Add "Send to Webhook" action in Linked Helper and push "test" data into it).
Finish your Zap with Google Sheet integration
After taking the first 5 steps from this article, we need to go to Zapier and set up "Do this..." step.
1. First of all, please go to your Google Sheets and create a new blank sheet. You can add a name to it so it will be easier to find it in Zapier later:
2. Now you need to add some headers to the sheet, in order for Zapier to detect them. For e.g I'm interested in having a sheet with names, emails, numbers, and connection date for people who were invited and then messaged:
3. Go back to Zapier and in "Choose App", select "Google Sheets" and in "Choose Action Event" select "Create Spreadsheet Row" and press Continue:
4. Select your Google Account and login if needed:
Now after selecting the sheet which we've just made we can see that Zapier detected the headers and now we can push data to them:
5. You can search for the data which Linked Helper will push to columns by clicking on "Show all options" and scrolling:
Or just type the data which you want to push to the column in the search bar and select it:
As a result, I selected this data to be pushed to the columns. After you fill in all the data here, click on "Continue":
6. Click on "Test and continue" on the next screen:
You will see the notification that the test spreadsheet row was sent to your sheet. There could be either Test word paste instead of real value or no text at all. Do not worry, this is fine since Zapier sends test data, not actual values from the Linked Helper.
7. Now just turn on your Zap:
8. We need to go back to the campaign in Linked Helper 2 and add "Send person to Zapier" action after the messaging action:
Select your Zap and click on "Save":
You can see that "successful" profiles from the previous step of the campaign now were moved to "Queue" of "Send person to Zapier" action:
9. Now just start your campaign, so Linked Helper will push the data which you selected for those people to your Google Sheet:
As a result, we have a spreadsheet which Zapier populated with the info scraped by Linked Helper:
Sending custom fields/variables to Zapier
As Linked Helper 2 allows you to upload or set custom fields to profiles to use them in your message templates, you may want to send them through Zapier as well.
The problem is that Zapier doesn’t show them in the data sample when you set up your Zap:
The workaround is simple: you just need double curly brackets.
Zapier will change it to:
Don’t worry that Zapier shows “No data” for such variables. When you send data via LH2, you will receive custom variables at your target destination (CRM, Google Spreadsheet, …).