In this manual, we will consider 3 cases:
- How to collect all 1st connections for a message broadcast
- How to collect recently added only
- How to collect 1st connections who accepted the invitation within a certain period of time
On a side note, it is important to keep in mind that LinkedIn limits search results to 1000 profiles - I have more than 1000 contacts. How to collect all of them thru search?
How to collect all 1st connections
Linked Helper can collect contacts not only from LinkedIn, Sales Navigator, or Recruiter search pages but from “My connections” page as well (https://www.linkedin.com/mynetwork/invite-connect/connections/) where it is possible to collect all your first connections at once, no matter how many you have.
This page is sorted from newest to oldest connections. So Linked Helper collects contact in the same order.
- Create a new campaign and add 'Message to 1st connections | Group members' action, for example:
- Start the campaign;
How to collect recently added only
Sometimes you need to get a list of recently added connections, no matter whether they invited you, or you invited them manually / via Linked Helper. However, when collecting profiles from the My Network page, Linked Helper always goes till the bottom of the page, so it may take a while, especially if you have thousands of them but need only recently added. Here is what you can do:
- Create a new campaign with the Visit and Extract connections template.
- Collect all your current 1st connections into the Queue from My network page.
- Then go to the Queue and exclude them.
Now you “Queue” for extraction is empty, and because of your current 1st connections in the Exclude list of the current campaign, Linked Helper will skip all your old connections, when you will collect again.
- After you’ve got new 1st connections, you need to check their total number on My Network page, let's assume now you have 10 000 connections.
- Then go to the campaign's Exclude list and check how many profiles there are. The number is shown in the square brackets near the Select all button:
For example, you have 9 500 in the “Excluded” list. This means, that you’ve got 500 new connections.
- Linked Helper collects profiles from “My Connections” page until it reaches the bottom of the list. But in our case, we understand that we have to collect 500, and then we can manually stop the collecting process since other profiles will be skipped anyway.
How to collect 1st connections who accepted the invitation within a certain period of time
If you want to get a list of those who accepted your invite in the last two weeks of September 2020, for example, then what you need to do is:
- Repeat steps #1 and #2 from the manual above;
- Select the campaign;
- Open campaign's Queue in the 'Lists' section:
- All 1st connections collected via Linked Helper will have a connection date in their CRM profile in the 'connected at' section, and this connection date will be exported in the CSV file as well:
Selecting profiles manually can take a long time, but we can use a CSV file for our goal:
- Download all profiles from queue;
- Open CSV file in the MS Excel or Google Sheets;
- Since all profiles in the Queue are sorted in the same order as on the LinkedIn page - from most recent to oldest by default - then all you need to do is to find the newest and oldest profile you need (who accepted the invite two weeks ago) and delete all other profiles above and below that range (you can use connected_at column for filtering):
- Save the edited CSV file.
- Delete all collected profiles from the Queue.
- Upload the edited CSV file back to the same Queue. You will end up having only those profiles who accepted your invitation less than two weeks ago.
- Start the campaign: