With Linked Helper you can send LinkedIn InMails to 2nd or 3rd level profiles. InMail allows you to directly message another LinkedIn member that you're not connected to. "InMail to 2nd & 3rd contacts" is one of Linked Helper's actions that can be added to your workflow.
Note: If you have a Basic (free) account, you can only directly message LinkedIn members that you’re connected to. You must upgrade to a Premium account to use InMails.
The reason why you need to change the platform is that if you have the Sales Navigator subscription and not LinkedIn Premium, then you are able to send InMails only via the Sales Navigator platform. If you collect profiles from the Basic LinkedIn platform and try to send an InMail to a profile, then sending will fail since the incorrect platform is chosen.
Like in most of the campaign actions, this one has 4 tabs:
- General tab, where you can set a name for action (not mandatory) or delay it for a specific time;
- Message tab, where the subject and message are required. You can set then up as per this instruction:
- Tags tab, where you can set automatically assigned tags for marking successfully processed profiles. Learn more about managing tags in this article. A tag can be added or deleted for processed connections:
- Delay settings tab, where you can:
- set up Bunch size - the number of profiles that will be processed in one go before Action goes to sleep, and Timeout between bunches - the time during which the Action will be sleeping before proceeding with the next bunch of profiles. You can limit an action to 50 profiles per day;
- choose the text input method for your invitation message. Linked Helper 2 offers three options for that. Random method - Linked Helper 2 will choose the input method itself; Insert - your message will be pasted into the text field; Type - your message will be typed as you'd type it manually yourself using the keyboard;
- set up how fast this action will work by switching between the FAST and SAFE timeouts, as well as tweaking the pauses between steps manually: please check the general article about working hours and limits:
As most of the actions, "InMail to 2nd & 3rd contacts" have sub-lists on the action level.
Linked Helper has completed the action for these profiles resulting in replied, messaged, successful, failed, skipped, or excluded profiles.
You can select them and click the Retry button to move them back to the Queue if you need, but in this case, you need to disable the Reject if a contact replied after # setting otherwise profiles will again be rejected.
Successfully processed profiles by current action.
Profiles that were either manually skipped to the next action or were skipped because you added another action between Action #1 and Action #2, both of which had processed profiles at the moment of adding new action. The number of skipped profiles in the latter case is equal to the number of processed profiles of the next action.
Another reason why profiles are skipped is that you moved them to the next action manually via Move to the next action button.
This list profiles that were failed during processing.
Profiles that had been a part of the queue of this action before they were added to the Exclude list of the Campaign at some point. Contains excluded profiles of the current action.