UPDATE: Recently LinkedIn applied some changes to their platform and now it does not allow its users to invite profiles via importing email addresses one by one on this page - https://www.linkedin.com/mynetwork/import-contacts/iwe/.
LinkedIn support representative said that members no longer have access to the following features: 1) Sending invitations via direct email and 2) Uploading file of contacts to send invitations.
Despite the fact that Invite person by email Action and Invite by importing emails feature of Invite 2nd and 3rd level contacts Action are no longer working, there is still a workaround Linked Helper provides you with: Invite by using LinkedIn undocumented feature. Please, use Invite 2nd and 3rd level contacts action instead:
- Custom invitation message is not supported in this method due to LinkedIn limitations.
- If you enable both options to get emails from (see General settings below), then Linked Helper will prioritize the "Get emails from the custom field" option and in this case won't visit profiles who already have custom fields with emails.
- By default, you can not see emails of your 2nd or 3rd-degree connections, so you need to get emails for those profiles first via either uploading them into a custom field or via getting them from:
- LH Email finder (this is our own service that finds mostly emails associated with LinkedIn accounts of the leads, which increases conversion rate) in order to get email addresses.
- Snov.io integration (snov.io is a third-party company for searching email addresses based on the company domain)
- Custom field (in case you already have a list of profile URLs and their emails, you can upload them into Linked Helper and use for inviting as well);
1. In the General tab, it is possible to:
- set a name for action;
- postpone action execution via the 'Start at' option:
- enable "Get email from the custom field", "Get emails from LH Emails finder" and "Get email from Snov.io" options:
- In case you already know the emails of those profiles, you can enable "Get emails from custom field" option and in this case, Linked Helper will take the data from that custom field and will send invitations to those emails. Please check how to upload custom fields and how to get emails of your 2nd and 3rd connections via third-party services.
- LH Email Finder allows customers who agreed with the Terms to search for information about LinkedIn connections in the LH Email Finder Database without accessing LinkedIn. When you connect to a profile, you can scrape its email address and other data like URL, first / last names, etc. For many other our clients your 1st-degree connection is only 2nd or 3rd-degree connection to whom they would like to send an invite. With LH Email Finder it's now possible for anyone to share the data about his 1st-degree connections to get the same information about his 2nd / 3rd-degree connections from other our customers. In other words, you can contribute the data you collected for the ability to get emails of your 2nd / 3rd-degree connections in return to be able to invite them by their email addresses in LinkedIn.
- In case you don't know emails, you can use Snov.io integration to make Linked Helper visit those profiles first and with the help of Snov.io get emails. Check this article for detailed instructions on getting API keys: Get Snov.io API keys
2. In the Tags tab you can:
- set up automated tags for successfully processed profiles: how to use tags in Linked Helper:
3. In the Delay settings tab you can:
- set up Bunch size - the number of profiles that will be processed in one go before Action goes to sleep, and Timeout between bunches - the time during which the Action will be sleeping before proceeding with the next bunch of profiles.
- set up how fast this action will work by switching between the FAST and SAFE timeouts, as well as tweaking the pauses between steps manually: please check the general article about working hours and limits:
Get Snov.io API keys
If you already have Snov.io account and logged in, please click on "Where can I find my Snov.io credentials" to get redirected to your Snov.io API credentials:
In case you are not logged in Snov.io or don't have an account yet, create an account or log in:
After that, please:
- Navigate to https://app.snov.io/account#/integrations/linked-helper to get to the page with your API credentials. You should see something like this:
- Copy and paste those credentials:
How does the Action work
"Invite person by email" allows you to send invitations to the 2nd or 3rd-degree connections directly to their email address, which can be useful to bypass the new LinkedIn weekly invitation limit.
- After you collected profiles and started the campaign, Linked Helper will either go to profile and company's pages to extract company info, domain, then fetches email via snov.io or go to the Import Contacts page directly if there are emails in the custom field and you enabled the first option in General settings.
- Once the email from snov.io is extracted, or in case the email was already uploaded into a custom field, Linked Helper will navigate to the Import Contacts page in LinkedIn, enters the email from its CRM to import and send connection requests.
- You can see the LinkedIn notification that the invitation was sent:
- As a result - the invitation will go out to users email and not to his/her LinkedIn profile and will look like this on your pending invitations page:
- The profile will then be moved to the next Action Queue. We recommend making sure that the next action is Filter contacts out of my network (keep 1st level only), which then can check whether the profile accepted your invitation.