LinkedIn allows you to download a CSV file with information about your 1st-degree connections. However, the file does not contain the profile's email and phone numbers. But as long as such information is available on your LinkedIn 1st-degree connection profile page, it can be scraped and extracted by Linked Helper 2. At the same time, LinkedIn doesn't show emails of your 2nd or 3rd-degree connections but using Linked Helper and Snov.io integration allows you to get emails of profiles that are not your 1st connections in 3 simple steps:
- Create and adjust your extracting campaign
- Get Snov.io API keys
- Run the campaign and download the profiles when extraction finishes
Note: snov.io cannot extract every profile's email since sometimes there is no enough information provided (for example, LinkedIn shows only the first letter of surname, not all of them) or profile asked snov.io to hide his emails from others.
Create and adjust your extracting campaign
Using the "Visit & Extract" action you can extract emails of your 1st connections. But if you add your Snov.io API credentials in the action, you can also extract emails of 2nd/3rd connections. Here is what you need to do:
1. Create a new campaign from a template with predefined actions.
- Go to Campaigns menu, expand the list of campaigns, and click Create new...
- In the pop-up window give your campaign a name (1), choose the type of campaign - People in our case (2), choose needed template - Visit & Extract Profiles (3) and click Create button (4)
You will get a campaign consisting of only one action, but you can adjust the workflow by adding extra actions if needed.
If you are using Advanced User Interface, please, refer to this detailed instruction on how to do that in the first part of this instruction: How to create a new campaign in Linked Helper?
2. Collect the profiles into your campaign.
- Click "Collect" button near the campaign Queue.
- Choose a source from where to collect profiles
- Please, refer to this detailed instruction on how to do that: How to add profiles into the campaign?
- Once profiles were collected, you can review them if needed: How to manage profiles in Linked Helper?
3. Enable the "Extract emails from Snov.io" option in advanced settings
- Navigate to "Advanced settings" of the "Visit & Extract" action
- Enable "Extract emails from Snov.io for contacts out of my network" option:
Now you need to add your Snov.io credentials as per the next chapter.
Get Snov.io API keys
If you already have Snov.io account and logged in, please click on "Where can I find my Snov.io credentials" to get redirected to your Snov.io API credentials:
In case you are not logged in Snov.io or don't have an account yet, create an account or log in:
After that, please:
- Navigate to https://app.snov.io/api-setting to get to the page with your API credentials. You should see something like this:
- Copy and paste those credentials into Visit & Extract profiles action in Linked Helper:
Run the campaign and download the profiles when extraction finishes
In order to start the campaign, click the Start campaign button in the left menu or click the Start button at the top:
Once the campaign is started, you see that campaign status has changed and in the LinkedIn menu on the left Linked Helper shows you when the next step will be performed, as well as what that step is and what profile to be processed. The action that is currently being performed in the campaign will be highlighted with a green frame:
Profiles that were visited end up in the "Successful" sub-list of the campaign. To get a CSV with emails, please:
- Click on the "Successful" list of the Visit & Extract profiles action.
- Click on the "Select All" button
- Aand then "Download":
- Select the delimiter (Google Sheets or MS Excel):
Unfortunately, MS Excel doesn’t support CSV files in the same way as .xslx files. but you are still able to open any CSV with Excel: Please check how to import CSV in MS Excel
Emails your 2nd/3rd connections that were successfully extracted by Snov.io can be found in "third_party_email" column of your CSV file:
You can also find extracted emails in Linked Helper's CRM. If you navigate to the "Successful" list and click on any profile, you can find all extracted data in CRM profile's card: