Did you know that Sales Navigator search page has a special filter - "Group", which allows you to find people who belong to a specific group on LinkedIn? Using a simple one-action workflow in Linked Helper you can send them a message via group members page without inviting them. Read on to learn how to do it and how to fix the most common errors in the process.
This video will demonstate how to filter profiles in Sales Navigator by 'group', collect, and message them from a group members page:
- Create your messaging and extraction campaign.
- Collect profiles from Sales Navigator search.
- Set up the group ID
- Review profiles and run the campaign.
- Extra: How to collect profiles from several groups?
- Extra: how to message filtered profiles via other LinkedIn accounts without a Sales Navigator subscription?
It is no secret that LinkedIn groups are the best place to find and reach out to new potential customers and find new business connections. We know that viewing hundreds and even thousands of profiles hoping to find new leads can be quite bothering. And even then, in most cases, you won’t be able to message filtered 2nd and 3rd-level profiles directly without inviting.
Some of you may be already aware that Linked Helper allows you to message group members directly using ‘Message to Group members’ action. A classic approach would be to collect users from a group into the Linked Helper campaign queue and set up your message template. That way you can even filter out members by their headline, which makes filtering just a bit more precise, but you would still have a lot of irrelevant profiles.
We are offering a new way to precisely and accurately filter out profiles via Sales Navigator search, and then send them messages using the ‘Message to Group members’ action. This option fits well for those who are actively marketing on LinkedIn - Linked Helper for Marketers.
Let’s take a closer look.
Create your messaging and extraction campaign.
- In the campaign menu click the list of campaigns — Choose ‘Create new’
- In the pop-up window give your campaign a name, choose the type of campaign, choose the 'Empty campaign' template and click ‘Create’.
- Go to the Workflow of your campaign and click on the "+" to add the needed action:
- Select the Message to Group members function from the list:
Collect profiles from Sales Navigator search.
- Click on the ‘Add’ button right above your first action.
- As we are collecting profiles from Sales Navigator, choose SN Search as your source for collecting.
As you know, Sales Navigator has a larger number of profiles to choose from, thanks to its advanced filtering, so make sure you utilize this on maximum and precisely filter out profiles you wish to send messages to. One important aspect would be to set up a group filter from where you wish to collect profiles. It can be found at the bottom of the filtering menu, by clicking on ‘View all filters’.
Don’t forget to copy Group ID, which can be found in the URL. We will need it later on:
After choosing all the required filters, including your chosen group, begin collecting by clicking ‘Collect’ in the left menu and choosing the ’from current page’ option:
Set up the group ID
Once profiles were collected, we need to:
- Set the group ID so that Linked Helper would mark them as members of a certain group.
Here is how to do that:
- Switch to advanced UI — Where can I change Linked Helper Interface?;
- Open your ‘Message to group members’ action queue (located above the action itself);
Click ‘More’ (if you don't see the 'More' button, then it means you opened Campaign Queue, not the Action Queue. Please, check the screenshot of the step #2 above);
Click ‘Change platform’:
Switch 'Collect scope type' to Group ID
Paste the LinkedIn group ID into the 'Collect scope ID' field;
- Click ‘Save’.
- You're ready to go!
Review profiles and run the campaign.
This is the last and the most enjoyable part. Double-check that you collected all the right profiles, check your message template, and run the campaign. Let’s hope that you won’t wait for the response for too long!
Still, something may go wrong in setting up the whole workflow. In this 2-min video find some quick fixes to most common errors:
Extra: How to collect profiles from several groups?
If you wish to collect profiles from multiple groups and not lose track of which profile is from which group, we suggest you use tags for that matter. To do that, once you collected profiles from the first group and changed their platform, and set group ID, you need to:
- Navigate to the queue once again;
- Select all profiles;
- Click ‘More’, then click ‘Tag’;
- Add a tag, for example, ‘group_set’, press ‘Enter’ key and click ‘Save’; if you want to know what group they were collected from, you can add a separate tag containing group name or ID, e.g. ‘group_#2046019’
Now both you and Linked Helper know what group current profiles are participants of so you can add new ones from another group:
- Collect profiles from another group into the queue;
- Filter newly collected profiles in the queue by the ‘group_set’/‘group_#2046019’ tag in the ‘hasn’t tags’ field like in the screenshot below. Only newly collected profiles who didn’t get group ID will be shown:
Set the group ID and change the platform for newly added profiles as per the instruction above;
Tag these newly added profiles with ‘group_set’ tag, and ‘group_name’ tag if the latter is needed;
Repeat those actions every time you process another group in order to avoid any confusion.
Extra: how to message filtered profiles via other LinkedIn accounts without a Sales Navigator subscription?
Many of our clients, who manage several LinkedIn accounts, use one LinkedIn account with Sales Navigator subscription to collect a big amount of leads they are not able to collect on free accounts, share those leads among multiple LinkedIn accounts and then change the platform to be able to process such profiles via accounts without Sales Navigator and increase the speed of market expansion hence reducing the costs.
Using a similar approach, you can filter and collect profiles from a Group using one LinkedIn accounts with Sales Navigator, but send messages via other free LinkedIn accounts.
Let's imagine you have 11 LinkedIn accounts, one of them has a Sales Navigator subscription, the other 10 accounts don't have it, all 11 are the participants of the Finance Club group.
You want to collect all CXOs in a certain location from this large group and send them a message via group from several LinkedIn accounts without Sales Navigator subscription. Here is what you can do:
- Navigate to Sales Navigator and make a search, filtering profiles by position, location, industry, etc. Do not forget to filter them by group.
- Keep in mind the limits when collecting them:
- Download profiles - How to download profiles from Linked Helper?
- Split the profiles across different LinkedIn accounts if needed: create several copies of the CSV, and delete the unwanted rows but leave the columns as they are, do not modify the headers.
- Create a messaging campaign - How to create a new campaign in Linked Helper
- Upload CSV files into different LinkedIn accounts who are members of the Finance Club group. If the CSV files were fetched from Linked Helper 2, you can use the method shown in the first article, otherwise, you need to upload them as shown in the second article:
- Now set the profiles' group ID to the one they were collected from:
Here are some more useful links to our blog and Help Center:
- How to use LinkedIn groups to generate leads with Linked Helper
- LinkedIn Sales Navigator scraper: parse leads & emails for 14 days free
You can try the software for free during 14 days - download it and activate a free trial.